Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

In like Flynn



Tangled (2010)
Rating: PG
Runtime: 100 minutes
Princess/Heroine: Rapunzel
Prince/Hero: Flynn Rider
Sidekicks: Pascal, Maximus
Villain: Mother Gothel
Music: “I See the Light”, “I’ve Got a Dream”, “Mother Knows Best”, “When Will My Life Begin”
Rating—out of 5 Mickey Mouse ears: 4 ½ ears. 1 for Rapunzel, 1 for Flynn Ryder, ½ for Pascal/Maximus, 1 for Mother Gothel, and 1 for the music.
Even though there are only a handful of major characters, they all succeed in their roles. Rapunzel is a great heroine, and she wields a mean frying pan. Flynn Rider is handsome and a bit of a bad boy. Pascal and Maximus are good sidekicks for Rapunzel and Flynn. Mother Gothel is just plain evil. The music is fun, with “I See the Light” and “I’ve Got a Dream” being the best songs. This movie really hit it big and seems to be one of everyone’s favorite Disney movies in recent memory.
I really would have liked to have seen this movie hand-drawn to see what Rapunzel’s long hair would have looked like. But I think it looks just fine how it is. With all its popularity amongst my family and friends, it is sure to be one of the movies picked to go to the final four in my bracket tournament. But what will Salty Chewbacca pick it to do???

No comments:

Post a Comment