Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Not Penny's Movie



The Rescuers Down Under (1990)

Rated: G

Runtime: 77 minutes

Princess/Heroine: Miss Bianca

Prince/Hero: Bernard

Sidekicks: Cody, Wilbur, Jake, Marahute

Villain: McLeach, Joanna

Music: none

Rating—out of 5 Mickey Mouse ears: 1 ear. For the eagle. All you need to know.

I had high hopes for the original movie. I had higher hopes for this one after I heard it had an awesome eagle. Unfortunately, the eagle was not enough. The tandem of Miss Bianca and Bernard were the same not-that-great duo. The eagle, though awesome, wasn’t in the movie that much. McLeach was a very boring villain. The only positive thing was that this movie, unlike the original, didn’t have any uncomfortable songs that I had to listen to.

I had read positive reviews online, just like the original received. I don’t understand what these people were watching or if they just have a low expectation of movies. The Rescuers or The Rescuers Down Under might somehow sneak into the bracket but there is no way they will do well ... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment