Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

221B Baker Street



The Great Mouse Detective (1986)

Rated: G

Runtime: 74 minutes

Princess/Heroine: Olivia Flaversham

Prince/Hero: Basil

Sidekicks: Dr. David Q. Dawson, Hiram, Toby

Villain: Professor Ratigan, Fidget, Felicia

Music: “Let Me Be Good To You”, “The World’s Greatest Criminal Mind”

Rating—out of 5 Mickey Mouse ears: 3 ½ ears. 1 for Olivia Flaversham, ½ for Basil, ½ for Dr. David Q. Dawson, 1 for Professor Ratigan, and ½ for the music.

This is the best mouse detective movie ever; it’s a fantastic adaptation of Sherlock Holmes. Basil is really funny and smart. Olivia is cute and sweet. Dawson is great as Basil’s partner. Professor Ratigan is a fun yet evil villain. The music is pretty good; “The World’s Greatest Criminal Mind” is a decent song for the bad guys, and “Let Me Be Good To You” is a bit naughty. It was an all-around good movie that should have received higher praise than The Rescuers.

I like me a good Sherlock story. I am excited that I am officially halfway to my goal of 52 Disney movies in a year. The next 3 ½ months are going to be crazy as I watch 26 more movies and get ready for the bracket challenge. As for this film, it is extremely underrated and I hope that it catches a few breaks in the bracket.

No comments:

Post a Comment