Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunny in Phil-adelphia



Hercules (1997)

Rated: G

Runtime: 93 minutes

Princess/Heroine: Megara

Prince/Hero: Hercules

Sidekicks: Philoctetes, Pegasus, Zeus, the Muses

Villain: Hades, Pain, Panic

Music: “Go the Distance”, “The Gospel Truth”, “I Won’t Say (I’m in Love), “One Last Hope” “A Star is Born”, “Zero to Hero”

Rating—out of 5 Mickey Mouse ears: 4 ½ ears. 1 for Megara, 1 for Hercules, ½ for Philoctetes/Pegasus, 1 for Hades, and 1 for the music.

I think this is one of the more underrated Disney movies. Hercules is a great hero, never gives up, and will sacrifice himself for others. Megara, even with her troubled past, is sweet and has a great voice. Philoctetes has his moments, and Pegasus is funny. Hades is a tremendous villain. He balances humor, wit, and evilness as well as anyone. The music is fun; two high-level songs in “Go the Distance” and “I Won’t Say (I’m in Love”) ... the latter in which Megara absolutely shines in.

I love how they keep referring to Hercules as “Wonderboy”. They are probably curious to know the secrets of his powers. I hope that people have seen this movie and liked it. If not they are missing out. Megara is awesome. It might sneak up on people in the bracket, so do your research ... and by that I mean watch this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment