Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Prince and the Revolution



Robin Hood (1973)

Rated: G

Runtime: 83 minutes

Princess/Heroine: Maid Marian

Prince/Hero: Robin Hood

Sidekicks: Little John, Friar Tuck, Lady Kluck, Skippy, Toby

Villain: Prince John, Sir Hiss, Sheriff of Nottingham

Music: “Love”, “Oo De Lally”, “The Phony King of England”

Rating—out of 5 Mickey Mouse ears: 3 ears. 1 for Robin Hood, 1 for Maid Marian, and 1 for the music.

Hollywood has tackled the legend of Robin Hood several times, and I would say this is solidly in the top 5. I will get to a ranking later. Many a girl I know has said that they had a crush on this foxy Robin Hood growing up. He is amazing and he does the “Sloppy Swish”. Maid Marian is pretty foxy too. Little John is an ok sidekick. Prince John is kind of a baby, much like Joffrey in Game of Thrones. The music is good; “Oo De Lally” is fun and “Love” is charming.

The top 5 Robin Hood movies: I would say the latest Robin Hood with Russell Crowe is #5. I’ve never seen The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938), so I will put it at #4. Robin Hood (Disney) at #3. Robin Hood: Men in Tights at #2. And behind the unstoppable Kevin Costner, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves at #1. Only Disney’s Robin Hood will be eligible for my bracket and it should do ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment