Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

That's a spicy meatball!



Lady and the Tramp (1955)

Rated: G

Runtime: 76 minutes

Princess/Heroine: Lady

Prince/Hero: The Tramp

Sidekicks: Jock, Trusty

Villain: Si, Am

Music: “Bella Notte (This is the Night)”, “He’s a Tramp”, “The Siamese Cat Song”

Rating—out of 5 Mickey Mouse ears: 4 ears. 1 for Lady, 1 for The Tramp, 1 for Si and Am in “The Siamese Cat Song”, and 1 for the spaghetti scene.

I would have to say this is Disney’s first true love story. Lady is adorable and enjoys herself some coffee and doughnuts. The Tramp is a hit with the ladies. Jock and Trusty are good friends for Lady to have around. There is not much music in this movie, but there is an enjoyable little number called “The Siamese Cat Song” sung by Si and Am, two naughty little kitties. I really liked that bit, but I might be biased because of my cool Siamese cat Gizmo.

Your classic good girl meets bad boy story. No great characters, but no bad ones either. The strength of this movie is the spaghetti scene, arguably one of the best scenes in any Disney movie. I can’t count how many meatballs I have pushed with my nose to impress a lady. That one scene should help the movie in the bracket.

No comments:

Post a Comment